[Zope-CMF] Disable ActionBox for guest?

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 08:08:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Nagarjuna G. wrote:

> I asked a similar query earlier.  What I want at my site is no
> `join in' to appear in the action box, and also I want only the
> admin to use the join in form.  How do I acheive this
> customization?  Could I do this by making the join in form
> non-viewable by anonymous?

You could handle it there, or you could replace the
'portal_actions' tool with one of your own, implementing its
interface.  I can see two ways to do this:

 * Create and register an ActionsTool in your own product,
   deriving from CMFCore.ActionsTool.ActionsTool and overriding
   the 'listActionsFor' method to suppress the 'login_form'
   action;  then delete the 'portal_actions' tool and replace it
   with an instance of your class.

 * Replace the 'portal_actions' tool with a folder of the same
   name, containing two PythonScripts:  'listFilteredActionsFor'
   and 'listActions'.

A third option would be to wait for the ZMI-configurable version
of CMFCore's actions tool in CMF 1.1, scheduled for delivery by
the end of April.

Tres.