[Zope-CMF] Grouping Members ??

emf mindlace@imeme.net
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 13:14:56 -0400

--On Wednesday, April 04, 2001 9:51 AM +0800 from-hkg
<from-hkg@hongkong.com> wrote:

>> I believe you can get a similar effect by assigning many users a role.
>> This allows you to achieve the effect that you are looking for.
>> -mindlace-
>
> You mean I need create many user-defined roles to similar groups,
> and assign members to a user-defined role (group) ?

well, as mentioned, there are no groups. So you assign memebers to an
administrator-defined role, like "Reviewer". Then you give the role
Reviewer whatever permissions you want it to have: This is how zope.org
does it.  Basically, the "group" is the set of members that have a given
Role.

it's not exactly like having groups but it is close.

~ethan