[Zope-CMF] Installing CMF on Windows NT

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 09:20:59 -0400

Dominique.Dutoit@cec.eu.int wrote:

> I have a couple of problems:
>
> 1) Installation A: When I tried to join my portal with a new user, nothing
> happends. I got the login form but no user is created in the User Folder.

I can't reproduce this.

> The installation A use an upgraded 2.3.0 database so I think it's better to
> try with a new configuration on another port.

OK, makes sense.

> 2) Installation B: I have installed a fresh new copy of Zope 2.3.1 with CMF
> 1.0 and I tried again. This time, it works fine but I get another problem.
>
> When I save the configuration of the portal, I got this error and a very
> long traceback:
>
> Error Type: TypeError
> Error Value: expected integer key

<snip>

> But I don't have that problem with the installation A!
>
> How can I get it working? Thanks for help.

The problem with your second installation is due to a bug in
2.3.1.  You can either:

 * Update your Zope to the head of the 2.3 CVS branch (harder to
   do on NT, but possible, given WinCVS); or

 * Replace the "reconfig" method with one which works around the
   problem.  Check the list archives for a message from me last
   night detailing a workaround.  The thread was titled something
   like "CMF reconfiguration error".

Tres.