[Zope-CMF] Re: [PTK(236)[2] note] Re: Search form bug: IOError

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 07:50:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Matthijs van Kempen wrote:

> I put on logging and I could reproduce the error, but there was
> nothing in the log. I checked the permissions and they seemed
> okay. I tried logging  in as administrator and got the same
> error.
>
> Then I removed the strray angle bracket you mentioned,
> restarted Zope, but that did not make a difference either.
>
> Having reproducd the error I started playing with the arguments
> to the search_dtml method.
>
> The URL was originally:
>
> <http://127.0.0.1:8080/CMF1/search?SearchableText=bla&Title=&Description=&Date%3Adate=1970%2F01%2F01&Date_usage=range%3Amin&Creator=>
>
> This led to the error.
>
> When I change the '1970' to '1980'  or '1960' or '1973' the
> error did not occur.
>
> Weird huh?

Hmm, I still can't reproduce this bug here.  Can you report:

 * Zope version being used (version number, source vs binary,
   any Hotfix produts, etc.)

 * Any other "non-standard" Products installed in your Zope.

 * CMF version in use.

Also, please check that the user account which runs your Zope
service has permission to read all the files under your Win2K
Zope CMF installation.  A quick check would be to stop the
service, then run Zope from the command line (it will be running
as "you", instead of the system account).

Another tack would be to get the latest-and-greatest CMF from
CVS, and try to reproduce the problem with it.

Tres.