[Zope-CMF] usage of getCustomizableObject

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:43:08 +0200

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 11:56:23AM +0200, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> In all of the FS* objects, the method manage_doCustomize calls the
> acquired method DirectoryView.getCustomizableObject(), but doesn't do
> anything with the return value:
>
>   def manage_doCustomize(self, folder_path, data=None, RESPONSE=None):
>
>       custFolder = self.getCustomizableObject()
>
>       ... no usage of custFolder
>
> What is it's intent? To raise an error if no DirectoryView object is
> found? In that case no getCustomizableObject method will be found either,
> so it misses the point a bit.

Erm, typo there, I ment 'if no non-DirectoryView object is found'.

> Can I just remove the call? (And the method, it isn't used anywhere else).

I am pretty sure that I can remove the call, the method
getCustomizableObject is still in use in DirectoryView itself.

--
Martijn Pieters