[Zope-CMF] Newbie Questions

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
13 Apr 2001 08:54:32 -0700

"Rolander, Dan" <Dan.Rolander@marriott.com> writes:
> dropped intentionally? If not, what is the vision for how other products
> such as Wiki or Squishdot should or could be integrated into a CMF website?
> Does it make sense to do that?

I think so, in some way or other. CMF pre-defines a lot of structure,
wiki is more laissez-faire. Perhaps a wiki should be one of the
objects a portal user can create ?

I'll share what I've been doing in this area. Currently I have zwiki
integrated with a 0.9-ish PTK, but using only the member registration,
preferences, chrome etc. This works pretty well. I have hidden the PTK
content management & workflow stuff since it's not yet something we
need.

I plan to upgrade at some point. I expect integrating with the latest
CMF will be easy enough, and it may spark some more ideas..

-Simon