[Zope-CMF] XMLRPC + CMF = NoGo.

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
13 Apr 2001 11:24:28 -0600

On 13 Apr 2001 09:01:22 -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:

> > Bill Anderson
> >
> > Server: Zope 2.3.1 (src compiled by yours truly)
> > Zope 2.0 (yeah, I know ... ;) ) .. actually, this is happening
> > on my productions too, which run 1.5.2 ...
>
> Presuming you mean "Python 2.0"

uhh, yeah, what ge said ;)

> > CMF-1.0
>
> I can't reproduce your case under Python 1.5.2, using the
> xmlrpclib.py in $ZOPE_HOME/lib/python, because it doesn't
> have a 'connect' method;  other tries (like instantiating
> a 'Server' object) haven't been successful, either.

I meant xmlrpclib.Server ... was trying t remember it late at night ..
sorry.
The url was just a made up one.

For a real URL set:

server3=xmlrpclib.Server('http://www.immortalitysystems.net')
server3.index_html()  #works

server=xmlrpclib.Server('http://www.libc.org')
server.index_html() #does not work

No, I don't call RPC2, never heard of it until ths experience. Near as I
can tell, xmlrpclib is where the request for it comes from. At first, I
thought it was a problem in xmlrpclib (using the Zope-2.3.1 version for
testing), but it works fine on 2.3.1-non-cmf. It also works fine in a
non-cmf-siterooted site. THus, it seems to me to be something (no idea
what yet!) in CMF that meses it up.

BTW, both of the above are python 1.52, and Zope 2.3.1

Bill