[Zope-CMF] Patch for error in reconfiguation of CMF Site

Patrick patrick@eahd.or.ug
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 19:58:16 +0300 (EAT)

May some zopist chip in and help me because I think I'm getting something
totally wrong here... :(

I **THINK** that you are not supposed to overwrite the original file ...
as in on a UN*X system, there is a programe called patch that essentially
runs a 'diff' between the original and the patch and ASFAIK the patch just
has lines that need to be changed ie
something like

patch [options] [originalfile[patchfile]]

so I **THINK** that overwritting your original file might get rid of a
line or more of code that is essential....

if you have a copy of the original file then I would suggest just changing
the lines that differ from the patch and not just overwriting the file..

As I said, I am most probably wrong here... just that I applied the CMF
patch using that method and I haven't had many errors ... only that I had
to add a line (thanks to Dieter)

import sys

somewhere in the final file in the traceback and I also had to change all
references to 'i' being called by syd or something like that in another
trace back to 'id' (I can't remember whether that was UCASE or lcase...)

Anyhow, it would help if we had the full traceback....