[Zope-CMF] How do I access email property?

Boddy Stephen Stephen.Boddy@btcellnet.net
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:45:17 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to create a link in the standard_html_footer that when clicked on
will open an email to the owner of the currently viewed object i.e.

documentA is owned by member bob, who has an email property
robert@builder.com
A browser comes along who wants to email bob to tell him that his JCB specs
are out of date.
A link at the footer of the page should point to "mailto:robert@builder.com"

Using <dtml-if owner_info><dtml-with owner_info mapping> I can get the last
mod time, and the owner id (bob). How do I pull the owners email? Do I have
to resort to editing the python code?

On a related issue, it's easy enough to get the last modification date, is
it as easy to get the last modifiers id and email property, or do I have to
start messing with the undoable_transactions (if memory serves)?

Thanks in advance
Steve

This email and any attachments may be confidential and the subject of
legal professional privilege.  Any disclosure, use, storage or copying
of this email without the consent of the sender is strictly prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the intended
recipient and then delete the email from your inbox and do not
disclose the contents to another person, use, copy or store the
information in any medium.