[Zope-CMF] Newbie questions

Charles Hall Charles.Hall@sas.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:11:01 -0400

Can someone point me in the right direction? I've got Zope and the CMF product up and running, and I've spent some time with the Zope docs. But I'm still fuzzy on how this constitutes a Content Mgmt. System and not a mere tool box.

So let me ask a specific and a general question to everyone:

   - In General: Are there any CMF "user" docs?

   - Specifically: While I don't care what language the CMS is in, the resulting pages need to be plain HTML. I need to serve them through an Apache-PHP server, and I'll type in PHP code where I need dynamic stuff. Can Zope CMF do this? Does it make sense for me since I won't be using Zope commands in the HTML files?

While the Zope stuff is really slick, I'm beginning to suspect it's a poor fit for my situation. I'd really appreciate comments from the experts...

Thanks a lot.

Charles Hall
Cary, NC