[Zope-CMF] Saving custom data in a MemberData-object from python

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 22:48:20 +0200 (CEST)

Sigve Tjora writes:
 > I want to store a reference to folders in a members-object. When I tried
 > some thing worked and some not. Eg. absolute_url() didn't work at all. How
 > is that? How can I store a reference to to a folder or another
 > portalobject in a member-object so that everything of the original object
 > work as intended. It is not good enought just to store the url, because I
 > have to call methods on the portalobjects.
Storing URL's should be fine. Why does it not work for you?

I would store URL's and use "restrictedTraverse" to resolve
them to into objects. "portal_url" has a method to return
URL's relative to the portal and the portal object itself.

Dieter