[Zope-CMF] Saving custom data in a MemberData-object from python

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 23:07:11 +0200 (CEST)

Shane Hathaway writes:
 > portal_registration really is misnamed but we haven't been able to come
 > up with the right name... perhaps "portal_policies"?  Its main task is
 > new user registration, but since policies that apply to new users are
 > likely to be useful as general policies, portal_registration took on a
 > larger role.
I am not a native english speaker. But:

  for me "membership" is the correct place for all
  aspects that have to do with members:

    adding members
    deleting members (yes, sometimes, they should be deleted)
    viewing/changing member properties
    providing access to member objects

  Policies related to members should go there, too.

  "registration" should restrict itself to the task expressed
  by its name: "registration".
  It could be a client of "membership" with respect to
  policy issues.

Dieter