[Zope-CMF] SearchableText, custom subfolders, 2 data streams.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 21:44:02 +0200 (CEST)

Ignacio Valdes writes:
 > 1) Does the SearchableText python script have to reside in the
 > PortalPollProductClass? Can it be relocated to a local spot such as in
 > portal_skins/custom?
This would make is global (in some way). Each content class
can have a "SearchableText" method and they are usually different.

 > 3) I am modifying the Portal Poll product such that I'm adding
 > properties other than the stock ones such as documentationURL. I would
 > also like to use the standard metadata fields since they already hold
 > title, description, etc. So I need to have all of these data fields on
 > one input form, but then split them up to go to their appropriate
 > places: title, desc-->metadata and  documentationURL-->PortalPoll
 > propertysheet.  I'm trying to marry the two methods that do these
 > independently, but as far as I can tell with how <form> is setup, it
 > doesn't appear as though you can submit to two different places at once.
You can submit a form only to a single URL, but the object
at this place can well use the request in different ways, a la:

   <dtml-call "XXXX.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">
   <dtml-call "YYYY.manage_changePropertied(REQUEST)">

Dieter