[Zope-CMF] Newbie question. - Templates

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:49:09 +0200 (CEST)

Charles Hall writes:
 > I guess what I'm looking for is some form of "template" tool. Does Zope have another name for this? I don't want my editors typing in any HTML, even if it's just "include footer.html" or something. I need a way for them to create pages and "fill in the blanks".
 >
 > Does Zope have any ready-made tools to do this?
Zope's templating tool is DTML (Document Template Markup Language):

  You define what blanks there may be, properties of your
  content objects.

  You define a form to enter/modify the blanks.

  You define a DTML object to present a nice looking
  view of the content with the filled in blanks.

There may be third party tools that help you in doing the
above steps. Search zope.org for "form design".
"MetaPublisher" may be such a product, though I did not
look more closely at it.

Dieter