[Zope-CMF] Saving custom data in a MemberData-objectfrompython

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 22:25:46 +0200 (CEST)

marc lindahl writes:
 > Now for the question.  I want to pass this pythonscript a list via REQUEST
 > and it seems to be coming thru as a string.  The data is originally a
 > 'token' list property, which is then passed thru the join_form by:
 > <input type="hidden" name="required:token" value="<dtml-var
 > "getProperty('required')">">
Two problems:

 1. a typo: "required:tokens" rather than "required:token"

 2. the "<dtml-var "getProperty('required')">" will probably
    return a list.

    If this is true, then the "var" will return
    "[ .... ]", i.e. the content enclosed in "[...]" and
    the elements separated with "," and quoted.

    Workaround: "_.string.join(getProperty('required'))"

Dieter