[Zope-CMF] Re: stylesheet_properties bug still?

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:00:09 +0200

[On the subject of a property sheet turning into Folder when you want to
customize it]

> > > Still doesn't look like it should be done this way though...
> >
> > It should be that way. The Folder is the easiest way to create an object
> > that can manage properties in Zope. And as an added bonus, you can replace
> > any property on the object with a method that calculates the property
> > dynamically.
>
> OK, but what I mean is it's not he same as what is in the default (generic,
> etc) folders. When you copy an apple to a folder, you expect to see an apple
> in the folder. I'm looking at an orange, and it was confusing to me.
>
> The solution might be to make it appear as such a folder in the default
> folders so they both have similar appearence and behavior.
>
> As I said I'm inexperienced with zope/cmf, so maybe I'm just offbase.

I admit it looks confusing; I am not sure if the documentation is clear
about this. For that I refer you back to the Zope-CMF list, which I CC-ed.

--
Martijn Pieters