[Zope-CMF] trouble with Factory Based Type Information tool

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:03:41 -0400

marc lindahl wrote:
> > [I wrote]
> >
> > I looked for a CascadingFolder product on Zope.org, and didn't
> > see it -- can you give a URL?  Also, is this a filesystem-based
>
> It's here: http://www.spoke.net/randy  - it hasn't been submitted
> on the Zope site yet, Randy tells me.

OK, I've downloaded and installed it.

> > > marc lindahl wrote (initial message):

> > > 2. in portal_type/CascadingFolder/properties, change:
> > >     Meta type to 'Cascading Folder' (to match meta_type
> > >     in Cascade.py),
> > >     Icon to 'cascade.gif' (just as in product),
> > >     Product name to 'CascadingFolder',

This should be 'CascadingFolders', as I found when I tried your
recipe.  I can now create one through the 'folder_factories' view,
but can't do much with it directly, as the '__getattr__' games it
plays conflict with the way skins work.

Some-pigs-are-more-equal-than-others'ly,

Tres.