[Zope-CMF] Printable Skin -- HELP

Norman Khine khine@bmpublications.co.uk
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:20:01 +0100

Hello,
I am having difficulty in setting up the printable skin option. I have
copmpleted the How-to from
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/jshell/News/PrintablePage/view

and ALL seemed to be working fine, until I created a new member and then let
this user add a news item with id=news1.

I then oppened a new browser window and loged in on to the portal, there I
can see the new item which I just published and if I go to this item it
displays correctly. BUT when I go to the printable link I get an error as
follows

Cannot locate object at:
http://localhost:8080/LGN/Portal/Members/lorraine/news1/index_html

So from this I can see that it is looking for an object within a news1
folder, but it should be looking for
http://localhost:8080/LGN/Portal/Members/lorraine/news1/view?=portal_skin=Pr
intable I think ;^o

My questio is what do I need to add so that I can display each individual
Item in the printable screen, I have set in the standard_top_bar the link as
discussed in the tutorial:

"It's default value is portal_skin. This is what is looked up in the REQUEST
to find the skin (and if it's not found, a cookie, member data, and then the
default skin settings are used to determine which skin to use). The link
(try skinning  into the custom skin) can be as simple as something like:"

What is the syntax that needs to be replaced so that I can view each
member's document in the printable skin.

Thanks

Norman

"Eternity is Time
Time, eternity