[Zope-CMF] History being exposed to CMF?

alan runyan runyaga@thisbox.com
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 15:29:57 -0500

I dont have the **very latest** to CMF, but is it possible that the history
api will be exposed to the CMF?  Are there plans to expose this to CMF?  I
think its very important feature of ZODB/CMF.  Also I am sending in diffs
(check Collector in next few hours) to allow History tabs for Image and
Files (yes, I know you cant compare binary files -- but I think having
History for Files is very important.  Also, I needed this functionality to
integrate into a JAVA system, it was apart of the requirements to provide
some form of revision control, very basic.  ZOPE does it just fine.  the
History mixin is beautiful!)

Is there any reason why you WOULDNT want to have History tabs for Images and
Files?  when you try to compare and if you dont implement the
manage_compareHistory method then it simply says, 'this object doesnt allow
comparisons between revisions'.  I think this is since, I'm not doing
comparison and it just doesnt make sense.

I envision people being able to see the Historical revisions of File/Image.
In my vision of the CMF there will be lots of Files (word, wordperfect,
staroffice files) and people will be changing them quite frequently. and I
think keeping versions of them is very important.

~runyaga