[Zope-CMF] Securing CMF.

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 16:10:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, marc lindahl wrote:

> I'm setting something up like that now...
> I have everyone 'join' so they get their little member's area (why not??).
> Then in the top level of the CMFSite put the Client1 Client2 etc folders.
> As you outlined, (via ZMI) disable the Access Contents Info and View for all
> (including inherit, of course)... then inside each folder (once the people
> join) with CMF1.1 it's easy to assign people local roles....
>
> I made a news_box type method to list top-level folders - only the ones you
> have local permission this way for will show up.
>
> I'll attach it at the bottom.
>
> So, my question is, why create a folder called "Clients" separate from
> Members?

Again, this is based on the assumption that a "client", which usually
refers to a company or department, can have multiple users.  If I'm a
consulting business and I want to provide a portal for one of my clients,
I should make it possible for different people in the client organization
to log in with different usernames and passwords.  It's just
future-proofing.  The opposite assumption might be just as valid, though.

Shane