[Zope-CMF] Re: Zope-CMF digest, Vol 1 #726 - 13 msgs

waltonl waltonl@babbage.franklin.edu
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 00:03:51 -0400

Thanks for sharing what the dogbowl uses, Tres. However, I'm very confused on whether you can use
siteAccess's SiteRoot and VirtualHostMonster both, or when you would use one versus the other.

What I want is this: Apache w/ ZServer
my.domain.com  (which is an apache virtual host already) to go to either an apache served
index.html OR an zope served page - I don't care too much on that one.
my.domain.com/aCertainDirectory - served up by apache
my.domain.com/anotherCertainDirectory - served up by apache .... etc
my.domain.com/thisFolder - to really be content that is in my zope root under a folder containing
a CMFsite with id myPortal so the zope url is really like:
 /requiredPortalFolderThatCMFSiteObjectIsIn/myPortal/thisFolder
Likewise my.domain.com/anotherFolder to also map to
/requiredPortalFolderThatCMFSiteObjectIsIn/myPortal/anotherFolder

But if I have something like
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://my.domain.com:8080/requiredPortalFolderThatCMFSiteObjectIsIn/myPortal/$1 [P]
after my other RewriteRules that cause apache to serve up the directories I want served by
apache,
then the ZMI management screens also go straight to the myPortal and don't let me have access to
my zope root.

I tried having a rule before the ^/(.*) one that rewrote ^/manage to just
http://my.domain.com:8080/$1 but that didn't work either as it still dumps me only in the portal
and not at my zope root..

I'm frustrated because I thought I read somewhere that VirtualHostMonstor was part of SiteAccess
but I don't see it, and I don't see how to get a hold of it. A search for it only yields some
documents that talk about it, but none that tell where it is (at least none that I could find.)

Would appreciate some guidance. Thanks,
Lynn