[Zope-CMF] WebDAV

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:19:45 +0100

> Does anybody  uses WebDAV together with CMF?  My clients (Cadaver and Amaya)
> do not manage to handle the redirection to the login screen.
>
> Or mayby, how do I instruct CMF to use basic authentication on the WebDAV
> port?

The ZC folks suggest removing the CookieCrumbler, which is a bit
'suboptimal' IMO.  The problem is, there's no real way of knowing if a
client is webDAV or HTTP.  Most nix clients use the neon libs, and
they say so in their user agent string, but you can't be sure they'll
continue to do so, since it's not part of the spec.  I hacked together
a version of CookieCrumbler which kind of works.  However, this
approach is bound to end in tears...

The other possibility, now that the WebDAV src port is officially
defined, is just to turn off CookieCrumbling on that port.  Come to
think of it, surely that's the best way.  However, it's not been done
yet, to my knowledge.

seb