[Zope-CMF] CopySupport and FSPythonScripts?

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 17:24:41 +0100

> I can't copy objects inside my Portal programmatically.
>
> I'm trying to create a default set of objects for each user when they
> sign up - a hierarchy of objects, in fact.  I figured the best way
> would be to set up a 'template' in my portal root, called
> 'default_template', which is a folder full of methods, folders, etc.

I've done something similar, except I setup a "stuff_to_add" folder in
portal_skins, and called everything "blankwhatever" to avoid name conflicts.
Then use manage_clone to create them after the user fills in a form -

<dtml-with "manage_clone(blankpharmacyfolder, REQUEST['id'], REQUEST)">
    <dtml-call "manage_changeProperties(
        title=REQUEST['name'],
        menutext='Home Page',
        parentfolder=REQUEST['id'],

That probably doesn't help, but i just felt like chipping in. :-)

Cheers, Jon