[Zope-CMF] Re: Easiest way to make my own portal_type that is like CMFDocument but with extra properties

Lynn Walton waltonl@franklin.edu
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 17:40:39 -0500

Oh ... sorry one more question I should have asked as part of this
question:  I'm not sure when properties and metadata are the same or not.
On Portal Products are all properties metadata?  If I want each document to
have different values for 3 set "properties/attributes" and I probably would
want to be able to use them in searching/cataloging  should they be metadata
or just properties or are they one an the same?  Thanks for bearing with my
newbie questions.  Thanks to everyone's help I am learning a lot and hope to
start being able to "give back", with all the knowledge I'm soaking up. : )

Lynn