[Zope-CMF] CMF for my Intranet - Design Problems

Marc Fischer marcbpc@gmx.de
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:18:40 +0200

Hi,

since a few days I am playing with cmf, always reading about that it is very
good and often used for intranets. This is the reason for me to try it out.
I need a System that is able to handle the latest news, new articles and
documents, discussions, and a calendar for events.
(For all those things CMF is really perfect, isn't it???)

The system should be devided into three to five main parts representing the
organisational parts of our firm. Therefore there should also be three to
five persons managing the content. None of this person does know some html
yet, but I think, for managing cmf thats not really nesserary, isn't it?

Its very simple to create some documents, Links, News and all the rest of
the cmf objects, but I did not understand, how to combine these objects and
create a navigation menue or structure for the objects. Do I have to use
dtml for those things?

I think you can see my problems in understanding the needed structure of
such an Intranet System. A very important think for me is, that the
programming part of managing an designing the content of a site, is as small
as possible!

I would be very happy, if someone who has some experience with an cmf
intranet system could give me some help for the basic design. I cannot spend
too much time on it to develop my own system. Cmf made me hoping of some
out-of-the-box-intranet :-)
Perhabs, there are existing solutions, I could adapt for my needs.

Thanks so far for your help ...

Marc