[Zope-CMF] CMF DIscussions...?

Norman Khine khine@btinternet.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 02:50:03 +0100

perhaps you mean this post
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/ptk-archive.nsf/46f09f5796214c13802568c1
00635ff2/ef466b27e286e25d80256911006d4abd?OpenDocument

i believe the cmf would provide you with the main framework for your 3d
site, best thing to do is play arround with both applications and see which
one feels better and evaluate if either or both meet your needs.

hth

norman

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-cmf-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-cmf-admin@zope.org]On Behalf
Of Traveling Uncle Nat
Sent: 27 August 2001 00:08
To: Chris Withers; zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope-CMF] CMF DIscussions...?

Yeah...my sig is too long. I'll shorten it as soon as I figure out something
I like just as much as that speech. :)

Can't find the squishdot thing where it says what I thought it said. I guess
that I lost it. :/ But anyway, isn't CMF supposed to have a working
discussion? I sort of want to run a squishdot "type" of site, where members
can log in, set prefs, have threads emailed to them, post their latest
artwork, have a small gallery of thumbnails for members, etc...but that
doesn't seem to be part of squishdot. It *is*, however, part of CMF. :) So,
suggestions?

It's not like ultra-urgent or anything. I'm just trying to get a nice little
site up for some artist friends and form a community based on 3D artwork.
I'm an artist...not a coder. But I don't have anyone to do this for me, and
I really think I should learn it myself. It is pretty hard understanding
some of this stuff when you're not a coder though...:)

Nat.