[Zope-CMF] dcworkflow question

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:38:06 -0400

Tom Bech wrote:

> I've added a dcworkflow with several states, including a state
> called 'private' as the initial state.
>
> I'd like to have the same behaviour for the 'View' permission in this
> 'private' state as in the default workflow, but whatever I do,
> when an anonymous user accesses an object registered with this workflow
> (in the 'private' state), he's still allowed to execute the 'view' action
> defined in portal_types for the portal type. For objects in the default
> workflow,
> the user is not allowed to view the content and is redirected to login_form.
>
> I have added a 'View' permission in the workflow and ticked off
> the anonymous role in my 'private' state, but still no go...
> hat magic dust must I sprinkle over dcworkflow to make it do what I want?

The last bit sound like you have tweaked the right part -- did you
uncheck the 'acquired' box on the security tab for the state?  Also,
note that changing those settings won't have any effect on existing
content until it changes state -- the settings are used to "stamp"
the object whenever it enters the given state.

To test, try moving an object out of the state, and then back -- does
anonymous still see it?