[Zope-CMF] keyerror on calendar, using mmmanager 9.1

Gitte Wange gitte@babytux.dk
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:17:24 +0200

At 07:41 28-08-2001, you wrote:
>Hmm, I was just informing you that your "Stable" product gives me a standard
>Zope error message.

The error comes when you use the example portal right ?

>Zope Error
>Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
>
>Error Type: KeyError
>Error Value: calendar
>
>Troubleshooting Suggestions
>
>This resource may be trying to reference a nonexistent object or variable
>calendar.
>The URL may be incorrect.
>The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
>A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

calendar is a dtml method that display a calendar :-)
The only place you'll need it is in the example portal.
Where in the "skin-hierachy" have you placed the MyMediaManager skin folder ?
Sounds like it overrides your custom skin folder (or just overrides your
normal index_html).

>     Now unless you expect me to use zdebug or some other method on a stable
>release, you might want to relabel your product as development. Imho a
>stable product release should offer something good to look at out the box at
>the least.   I don't have zdebug installed at the moment, but as I recall
>trying to check MMManager out before I ended up having to comment all  of
>the calendar and feature box code in the index_html file, because of
>keyerrors. So now I end up with a page with just the intro text stuff.
>Sounds to me like you might have another product dependency not mentioned in
>the docs.  Or something could be wrong with my CMF installation.
>
>I'm looking at the index code now and here are the problem lines
><TD COLSPAN="2"><dtml-var calendar></TD>
><dtml-var live_event_box><br>
>      <dtml-var archive_box>
>

>So the question to me is why can't I aquire the objects?

I guess it's because you haven't modified the index_html file in the portal
you are trying to use MyMediaManager at.

>Are your skins not being initialized properly  with the system?
>
>If you really need the traceback I will get it to you in a few days.

No I get the error :-)
Just one thing I would like to know - is the error because of the example
portal or because of the skin folders ...

>Thanks,
>James

Gitte