[Zope-CMF] Coments on Z2.5b1 with CMF and friends

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 18:14:07 -0500

bill,

> CMF Collector
> -------------
> I had hopes for this one. Unfortunately, it *requires* ZPT, which is
> installed as base zope now. The sad part is, it makes it completely
> incompatible with other skins. how about a default, basic skin, please?
> In order for Collector to be integrated, it requires an understanding of
> ZPT, in order to convert it to dtml. I would say that while DTML is
> still the default, CMF* products should come with dtml skin objects.
> Including a ZPT version would be nice, but not required.

the CMFDecor product provides the basic ZPT-based skin. since ZPT is the
"way of the future" (CMF 1.2 will "swallow up" CMFDecor and have ZPT-based
skins as default) there won't be a DTML-based skin for the CMF Collector.

> Installation. It appears that this one strays from the de facto install
> procedure. On all other CMF installs, the module is "CMFFoo.Install",
> and the method is "install". This one changes that. It'd be a simple
> change, really.

you're absolutely correct. this has bothered me as well. i just changed it
so that the script  module is now "Install.py" and the function in it is
"install".

> CMF Decor
> ---------
> Has an Install method, but is not documented that it is needed.

it is now ;)  i added instructions to CMFDecor.INSTALL.txt

jens