[Zope-CMF] Re: ZPT in CMF

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 10:56:37 +0000

seb bacon wrote:

> - It's hard to read.

I find it a lot easier to read than DTML, particular dtml-in's that have been
put in odd places...

>   when they used to take one.  People on the ZPT list are still having
>   problems solving a number of common idioms.

Indeed, but it's early days yet...

>   Batching looks *really*
>   ugly, for example.

Yup... in gneral, anything that uses a python module looks really ugly :-(

> - OK, it forces you into separating out your business logic, but
>   that's not a recommendation for it in itself.

For me it is, and a pretty big one at that...

> - The thing I got excited about was the possibility for designers to
>   edit pages containing ZPT logic, but in fact this is not really
>   practical, in particular with respect to macros.

Indeed, this is disappointing, but it's an almost impossible problem to solve...

cheers,

Chris