SV: [Zope-CMF] Re: ZPT in CMF

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
04 Dec 2001 16:07:21 -0700

On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 09:38, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Bill Anderson wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 02:53, Magnus Heino wrote:
>
>  >

> >>It forces you to create valid HTML documents.
> >
> > How?
>
> PageTemplates must parse their source text, and therefore
>
> don't function unless the source is valid HTML.  If you save
>
> one with invalid HTML, the PT gives you a nice pink error
> message, showing the line and column where you screwed up.

Well, just to check it, I pointed W3.org's validator at the CMFCollector
front page. it had many errors. I tried all of the HTML 4.01 doctypes,
as well as 3.2 just to be sure (since it didn't contain one).

What follows is the report for 4.01 Transitional.
-------
    *  Line 29, column 20:

method="GET">
^

      Error: element "FORM" not allowed here; possible cause is an
inline element containing a block-level element
    * Line 31, column 22:

^

      Error: element "TD" not allowed here; check which elements this
element may be contained within
    * Line 37, column 23:

^

      Error: element "TD" not allowed here; check which elements this
element may be contained within
    * Line 41, column 18:

^

      Error: element "TD" not allowed here; check which elements this
element may be contained within
    * Line 48, column 18:

<input border="0" type="image" name="go" value="go"
^

      Error: there is no attribute "BORDER" for this element (in this
HTML version)
    * Line 49, column 45:

src="go.gif" align="middle" width="20"
^

      Error: there is no attribute "WIDTH" for this element (in this
HTML version)
    * Line 50, column 18:

height="20"> &nbsp;
^

      Error: there is no attribute "HEIGHT" for this element (in this
HTML version)
    * Line 55, column 6:

^

      Error: missing a required sub-element of "TR"
    * Line 296, column 21:

</select>
^

      Error: missing a required sub-element of "SELECT"
    * Line 301, column 22:

</select>
^

      Error: missing a required sub-element of "SELECT"
    * Line 306, column 22:

</select>
^

      Error: missing a required sub-element of "SELECT"
    * Line 328, column 21:

</select>
^

      Error: missing a required sub-element of "SELECT"
    * Line 333, column 22:

</select>
^

      Error: missing a required sub-element of "SELECT"
    * Line 338, column 21:

</select>
^

      Error: missing a required sub-element of "SELECT"

Sorry, this document does not validate as HTML 4.01 Transitional.
-----

Maybe I'm missing something?

Bill