[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.2 beta 1 Released

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:28:59 -0500

I am happy to announce that the first (and what I hope is
only) beta of version 1.2 of the CMF is available at:

   http://cmf.zope.org/download/CMF-1.2beta1

In addition to the tarball, zipfile, and documents in that
folder, I need to let the CMF community know of a couple of
developments:

   - CMF 1.2 is essentially a "consolidation" release,
     incorporating a (quite large) number of bug fixes and
     small features.  Its major new feature is the incorporation
     of Zope Page Templates as part of the "core" of the CMF.

   - 1.2 will be the last release for which Zope Corporation
     maintains compatibility with Zope 2.3x.  I welcome volunteers
     to assist in a community-maintained compatibility branch,
     but we will no longer restrict the CVS head to Python 1.5.2
     and Zope 2.3.

   - The ZPT skins will receive the majority of Zope Corporation's
     focus going forward.  We will happily accept patches for
     the DTML, as well as volunteers (Bill Anderson has already
     stepped forward to help maintain the DTML skins).

   - We would like help identifying forward compatibility issues
     for existing CMF sites.  Please try the new release out (on
     a backup site!), and report problems or issues at:

       http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker

     (That tracker will be retired shortly in favor of a
      CMFCollector instance;  stay tuned!)

   - The roadmaps for the 1.2 and 1.3 releases are at:

       http://cmf.zope.org/projmgmt/project_schedule/roadmap_1_2

       http://cmf.zope.org/projmgmt/project_schedule/roadmap_1_3

Best,

Tres.