[Zope-CMF] ZSyncer and CMF

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:20:55 -0800

> I've got it installed and connecting from my home box to my webserver.
> "Sync" seems to give accurate reports. But, I've got several CMF instances
> off my zope-root. With some of them I can click and burrow down into
> different levels from the "View Syncer" page (the one that shows the
status
> of all your files/folders). But with others, when I click on the CMF
> instance, I get an error - <Fault -1: "Unexpected Zope exception: cannot
> marshal <type 'Python Method'> objects">

If the CMF was a bunch of ZODB only objects it would be fine, but ZSyncer
does not move and FS objects such as External Methods, FSSQLMethods or
whatever. The error means it can't marshal the object, so it something to do
with the object in that folder. You could try syncing the containing object,
but again if there FS objects it just won't work.

Further to that syncing objects in the CMF may or may not make sense
depending upon cataloguing. Im assuming most CMF objects are catalog aware
so on import they will be recreated in the catalog, but you will probably
want to check that first.

Cheers.
--
  Andy McKay.