[Zope-CMF] unable to install collector

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 20:37:08 -0500

James Johnson wrote:

> I've posted this problem before.  Tres responded when he thought the
> problem was with the CMF.  When I responded back that the problem was
> with the collector I haven't heard from him since.  Since the collector
> is an unsupported Zope product, I figured he was to busy or I had to
> "Pay" for any support from him.
> Here is the previous posting.
> http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-December/010801.html

Two things:

   - CMFCollector is indeed unsupported;  what this means practically
     is that we *won't* sell support for it.  We use it ourselves,
     and make it available to others who may find it useful.  We
     *will* accept patches, or check in fixes if we can identify
     the problem.

   - I can't reproduce the problem, and I have installed the
     workflow export on four or five Zope instances.  I *suspect*
     that it may be related to the Windows habit of munging
     line endings, as the only OS for which I have heard a report
     is Win98 (Robert didn't specify the OS).

Tres.