[Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow: Permissions/States/Scripting

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
28 Dec 2001 18:16:15 GMT

So if I understand correctly what you're saying, you'd like the
permission mapping to be based not on the state but on the transition,
which is a more generic way to do it as you have finer control.

That's an interesting idea, and probably not very difficult to implement
(modulo backward-compatibility :-).

About script execution: you're right, currently transition scripts are
executed at the beginning of a transition, before variables or state or
permissions are changed. I agree that it would also be interesting to
have a post-transition script (I had the same need in a project). This
one is very straightforward to implement. And with this you probably
wouldn't need the transition-based permissions you proposed.

> Problem #3.  Would it be useful to have a 'post Workflow hook'?  or is this
> sloppy idea?  I know there was one that was used for cataloging but what
> about in my situation.

Do you mean a hook in the object ? Would a post-workflow script do ?

In any case this is right in my current areas of interest, if Shane
thinks it could be useful I can code something.

Florent

(Leaving for a one-week vacation very soon :-)