[Zope-PTK] Newbie Problems with anonymous access

Richard Burrows richard@rburrows.demon.co.uk
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 00:01:09 -0000

I have just set up a portal and have the following problems:

Simply I am unable to make my site available at all to anonymous users.

Following a previous post to the list on the subject by Tres Seaver and set
the directory of my portal /Journal as follows

1)Access contents information
2) Search Zcatalog
3) Use mailhost services
4) To be enabled for anonymous users

I still could only get in as the manager of the portal, the owner of the
portal or the zope administrator, and once in I was described as a user from
outside the systems

In addition I then set so that no permission settings were aquired and
removed the manager permissions for the  items listed. Still no luck.

I then went on to make all settings anonymous and still I could only log on
as a manager, owner or administrator.

I am really confused about how to make this available. If anyone would like
to take a look I will supply server details off the list. I would be very
grateful for any help.

Richard Burrows