[Zope-PTK] Bugreport: When overriding skin in dtml, stylesheet won't load

Sigve Tjora sigve@tjora.no
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:48:54 +0100 (CET)

> Sigve Tjora wrote:
> > I tried to force a specific skin onto an object with the code
> >
> > <dtml-call "REQUEST.set(portal_skins.getRequestVarname(), 'Nouvelle')">
> > <dtml-call "setupCurrentSkin(REQUEST)">
> >
> > at the top of the document to set the skin to 'Nouvelle'
>
> Why do you need to set the skin for a single object?
>
> Shane

I am deploying a system to make the members force a spesific layout to
their site, independent or perhaps with some look and feel or language
from the skin the user has selected. I have made one implementation based
on TransparentFolders etc, but I hoped to make a cleaner, more customizable
version based on the skin concept.

The clue is to allow different parts of the site to have different layout,
eventually fully customizable layout. It can be tought of as an easy to
use webserver, customizable through the web, with the CMS-facillities
like NewsItems, easy editing through the web, workflow etc.

The skin is overriden at the top of the object, e.g. before
standard_html_header is called.

I hope this explains why I want to set the skin used for a spesific
page (eg. portal folder) fully or partly from the server side.

mvh Sigve Tjora