[Zope-PTK] Bugreport: When overriding skin in dtml, stylesheetwon't load

Sigve Tjora sigve@tjora.no
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:25:46 +0100 (CET)

Sigve:
   > I tried to force a specific skin onto an object with the code
   >
   > <dtml-call "REQUEST.set(portal_skins.getRequestVarname(), 'Nouvelle')">
   > <dtml-call "setupCurrentSkin(REQUEST)">
   >
   > at the top of the document to set the skin to 'Nouvelle'

Shane:
  > Why do you need to set the skin for a single object?

Sigve:
 > I am deploying a system to make the members force a spesific layout to
 > their site, independent or perhaps with some look and feel or language
 > from the skin the user has selected.

Shane:
> It sounds like you want users to have "mini-portals".  Right?  Could you
> elaborate on the reason?
>
> Shane

Sigve:
You are perfectly right! The reason is quite simple. I am developing a
site for a "community", which consists of several sub-communities that
each want their own look and feel. These sub-communities should be members
of other communities.  The scope of news and events should be selectable,
so that important news should show up in the posted communitys "parent".

Probably some useres will be granted the right to manage and add content
right into the community, but most users will have to select from a
number of communities which they attend, where the newspost should be
listed. Some communites should probably be closed, so that only a given
set of members can view and post there.

This might give you some idea of what I am working on, and why I need
those skins to work flawlessly the way I want. Of course I have to tweak
much other stuff in the CMS, so I am very thankfull that the CMS is now
all Python and no ZClasses. You will probably here more from me and how I
wish things were done...

The consepts of subcommunities etc are still vague in my mind, but I hope
to make some progress tonight.

mvh Sigve Tjora