[Zope-PTK] CMF Dogbowl Site

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:52:31 -0500

I'd like to announce (more formally than the "leaked" announcement
earlier this week :) that we have our "CMF Dogbowl" up and running
at:

  http://cmf.zope.org/

To quote from the home page:

    This portal is intended to demonstrate the use of the Content
    Management Framework (CMF) to manage its own content, and
    hence is a "dogfood" site;  the term derives from the Mozilla
    project, which judges its progress by the extent to which the
    developers can "eat their own dogfood" (i.e., do their own surfing,
    mail, etc. with Mozilla).

    The portal is also intended to be used as a "fishbowl" site for the
    CMF;  this term refers to Digital Creations' committment to develop
    Zope "in the fishbowl", with all significant product development
    visible and accessible to interested members of the Zope
    community.

    Once we have adequately captured the "as built" configuration of
    the current CMF, we can begin soliciting new features and other
    initiatives from the community, much as proposals and projects are
    used on the dev.zope.org site.

Tres.