[Zope-PTK] Re: PTK install

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 01:38:01 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Sir Psycho wrote:

> I tried to install the PTK following your instructions (for CVS).
> I got the CVS downloaded fine.
> had the following directories:
> PTKBase
> PTKDemo
> ZCallable
> LoginManager
> Membership
> Wizard
> DemoPortal
>
> Zope install I have is 2.1.6

This is problematic -- current PTK/CMF requires Zope 2.2 or later
(I would recommend upgrading to 2.3).

> I moved the PTKBase, PTKDemo and ZCallable folders into
> Products. When i restarted the PTKBase and PTKDemo were marked
> as broken. I tried moving the other folders into Products but
> that didnt help.

You don't need to have anything but 'PTKBase' and 'PTKDemo'
in your Products folder -- the other directories are all
"fossils".

> PTKDemo is broken with error:
>   Import Error: cannot import name PortalObjectBase
> (i assume because PTKBase didnt install right)
> PTKBase gives me the following:
>   ImportError: cannot import name REPLACEABLE
>
> Any thoughts as to how I can get this to work?  Should I remove
> the other 4 folders I copied into products?

Let me know if you are still stuck after upgrading the base
Zope (and CC the zope-ptk@zope.org mailing list, too).

Tres.