[Zope-PTK] Chowning content

Nolan Darilek nolan_d@bigfoot.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:33:44 -0600

I started playing with the PTK/CMF a few weeks ago after the
introduction of skins, and have been slowly piecing together a site
based upon it. I must say that I'm extremely impressed with skins. I'm
probably a PTK/CMF zealot; I wanna use this in most of my projects. :)
Congratulations on an excellent product!

Anyhow, as you've probably guessed, I do have a question. This is
probably more of a zope issue, but I'd be interested in hearing what
others think.

I'm developing a community-oriented site in which the community
changes very often. I'm a college student developing a website for a
student organization whose membership changes yearly. However, despite
the volatile membership, some content should be permanent. I'm trying
to create a system for automating our newsletter creation and
publishing; traditionally we've used paper/mail which is
expensive. Electronic creation/publishing allows us to decrease
costs while increasing the amount of published content, and we'd like
to publish member contributions.

When members create accounts, they'll be able to create portal content
which, when approved, can be added to the newsletter. Since the member
account will vanish when the member leaves the organization, I'd like
for old content to remain, so I'd like to change the content's owner
to the site administrator user. Is it possible to do this without
recreating a new object, cut-n-pasting the old content into it and
re-approving?