[Zope-PTK] Re: PTK install

Sir Psycho sirpsycho@mindless.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 21:12:36 -0600

Ok, I upgraded to 2.2.4 (The newest available in a debian package) and I am
still having problems. PTKBase installs fine but PTKDemo gives me this:

PTKDemo Import Traceback
Traceback (innermost last):
   File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 397, in
import_products
     product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
   File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/PTKDemo/__init__.py", line 91, in ?
     import Document, Link, NewsItem, File, Image, Favorite
   File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/PTKDemo/Document.py", line 93, in ?
     from AccessControl import ClassSecurityInfo
ImportError: cannot import name ClassSecurityInfo

I tried getting the newest out of CVS again (noticed those old folders are gone
now) and got the same thing.

This is the only product that I have tried to install so it should not be
conflicting
with anything else on the system.

any further thoughts?
TIA

At 01:38 AM 2/17/01 -0500, Tres Seaver wrote:
>On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Sir Psycho wrote:
>
> > I tried to install the PTK following your instructions (for CVS).
> > I got the CVS downloaded fine.
> > had the following directories:
> > PTKBase
> > PTKDemo
> > ZCallable
> > LoginManager
> > Membership
> > Wizard
> > DemoPortal
> >
> > Zope install I have is 2.1.6
>
>This is problematic -- current PTK/CMF requires Zope 2.2 or later
>(I would recommend upgrading to 2.3).
> >
> > I moved the PTKBase, PTKDemo and ZCallable folders into
> > Products. When i restarted the PTKBase and PTKDemo were marked
> > as broken. I tried moving the other folders into Products but
> > that didnt help.
>
>You don't need to have anything but 'PTKBase' and 'PTKDemo'
>in your Products folder -- the other directories are all
>"fossils".
> >
> > PTKDemo is broken with error:
> >   Import Error: cannot import name PortalObjectBase
> > (i assume because PTKBase didnt install right)
> > PTKBase gives me the following:
> >   ImportError: cannot import name REPLACEABLE
> >
> > Any thoughts as to how I can get this to work?  Should I remove
> > the other 4 folders I copied into products?
>
>Let me know if you are still stuck after upgrading the base
>Zope (and CC the zope-ptk@zope.org mailing list, too).
>
>Tres.
>--
>Tres Seaver                                tseaver@digicool.com