[Zope-PTK] Re: ZClass dtml add method

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:28:54 -0700

Dave Woolston wrote:

> We recently went through adding ZClass based portal content and created
> a tutorial which was just released to the dogbowl.  This may help you.
>
> http://cmf.zope.org/Members/davew

A few issues:

o Can't import the .zexp, Zope complains about an invalid export headr (that's a new one to me).
o In the portal_tpyes tool, there doesn't seem to be a 'ContentTypeInformation' entry in the add list.
o A couple of the DTML Methods' text doesn't show up ont he page (view and viewResults)
o IMO, they should all be PythonScripts, and not a mix of the two (Python Methods and Scripts).
o under section 11, entry 3, it says to change the permission to 'Add Portal Content'
  it should actually read "Add portal content'. Note the case of the last two words. This puts
  them in rather distant places, and thus, it makes it easier to find when you are actually
  looking for lowercased words. (Or the permissions need changed to be upper case ;)

Now, with those out of the way,this looks pretty good. I hope it stays current as we get to 1.0 :)

Any idea on when we will se one for Python products as well?

Good job.

Bill

PS: I am using a cvs checkout from ~7pm MST Wednesday (i.e. yesterday)