[Zope-PTK] How to sync with today's changes (Feb. 22)

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:50:17 -0500

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> If you have a PTK instance already running, in order to use the latest
> checkout you'll need to do the following.  This doesn't apply if you
> just create a new portal instance:
>
> - In the portal_skins folder, add a DirectoryView that points to
> PTKDemo/skins/content and call it "content".
>
> - In the portal_skins properties tab, include the "content" layer in all
> skins (preferrably between "generic" and "custom".)
>
> - In the portal_types folder, remove all of the default types (Document,
> News Item, File, Image, Link, Favorite, and Folder).  Re-create each one
> by adding a "Factory-based type information" object and selecting each
> type from the drop-down box.  Leave the ID blank.
>
> With these changes, not only are the content types skinnable but so are
> the actions.  Note that the type information objects now have an
> "Actions" tab where you can select the user-visible actions.

An update:

As of about 5:30 PM Eastern time portal folders are also skinnable, so
if you followed these instructions you'll want to delete the folder type
and add it again to get the actions again.  (I'm starting to wonder
whether we need to set up a way to update type objects without requiring
the user to re-create them.)

Shane