[Zope-PTK] Re: ZClass dtml add method

Dave Woolston davew@digicool.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:55:20 -0500

Hello Bill,

>> We recently went through adding ZClass based portal content and created
>> a tutorial which was just released to the dogbowl.  This may help you.
>>
>> http://cmf.zope.org/Members/davew
>

> A few issues:
>
> o Can't import the .zexp, Zope complains about an invalid export headr
(that's a new one to me).

I tried this again from scratch and had no problems, can you try downloading
it again??

> o In the portal_tpyes tool, there doesn't seem to be a
'ContentTypeInformation' entry in the add list.

Yes - Shane has updated the portal_types tool to no longer use this.  The
correct way to add content type - would be to:

Add Factory-based Type Information from the portal_types tool.

The slight differences in this method that the one outlined in the tutorial
are:
Product name - (i.e. PortalPoll)
Factory method in product - this is the method that resides in your product
to call to create the object (i.e. addPortalClassPy)
Initial view name - where to go  on instatiation of object (i.e either
metadata or editForm)

> o A couple of the DTML Methods' text doesn't show up ont he page (view and
viewResults)

Thanks, my StructuredText could use some improvement :)

> o IMO, they should all be PythonScripts, and not a mix of the two (Python
Methods and Scripts).

Agreed - our goal was to start with a product and create a 'portal' product
out of it - with the focus being
on what users need to do to create portal content.  If we were to create
this product from scratch, we
would have used PythonScripts throughout.
</disclaimer>

> o under section 11, entry 3, it says to change the permission to 'Add
Portal Content'
>  it should actually read "Add portal content'. Note the case of the last
two words. This puts
>  them in rather distant places, and thus, it makes it easier to find when
you are actually
>  looking for lowercased words. (Or the permissions need changed to be
upper case ;)

Thanks - as you know - permission wording is a sensitive area :)

> Now, with those out of the way,this looks pretty good. I hope it stays
current as we get to 1.0 :)

Thanks for the feedback.  As you can see, the tutorial is already out of
sync with the current CMF.  I will try and update it over the weekend.

Dave
Dave Woolston   davew@digicool.com
Digital Creations  www.digicool.com
(716) 262-4715