[Zope-PTK] Which Snapshot? Which Tarball?

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 21:47:12 -0500

Chris Abraham wrote:

> Okay, I will not be overcome.
>
> Shall I CVS it?

If you are comfortable with CVS, then yes;  until we reach
"1.0", the best way to stay up with the CMF is to use CVS.
If you'd like to get the same stuff as in the "1.0alpha" tarball
(posted Friday to the "dogbowl" site), you can checkout / update
to the tag, 'CMF-1_0-base'.

>  Or, should I download the snapshot and then CVS the
> updates?

That won't work -- the snapshots are not "CVS aware" (I make
snapshots by way of 'cvs export').

>  Is the linking solution everybody's generally favorite
> choice?  Shall I give it a go?  What should I be the most aware
> of doing and not doing?

I strongly recommend using symlinks (where possible) from the
CMF sandbox / extract directory into the INSTANCE_HOME's Products
directory.  The combination of symlinks and INSTANCE_HOME lets
me manage multiple versions of both CMF and Zope, without undue
pain.

Tres.