[Zope-PTK] Need help creating subfolder for news

Valérie Aulnette vaulnette@yahoo.fr
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:37:56 +0100 (CET)

Thanks for your help !
I'll try to explain what I am trying to do.
We need to classify our news, links, files but not in
the personal portal because that's already possible
but in the public space.
I mean that when we want to read the news publicated
by the others, we want them classified by topics.
So I am trying to change the wizards so that when a
user is creating a news, he has to choose from a list
the topic of his news. Then I'll create a DTML
Document which lists all the topics available and when
the user clicks on one of them, he can see all the
news dealing with this topic.

For that, I created a new field in the database which
is called "topic".
The problem I have is when I want to print the
different topics on a page, the topics are printed as
many times as there are news dealing with this topic.
I do need to do like a "select distinct" in SQL.
Someone suggested me to use "uniqueValuesFor(name)".
I've tried it but I can't find how...
The other problem is when we need to create a new
topic... I need to know how works the wizards and it's
a little bit complicated with the different steps.

Please help.
Valerie.