[Zope-PTK] Some methods for the PortalMembership kit

Morten W. Petersen morten@esol.no
03 Jan 2001 10:25:09 +0100

[Tres Seaver]

| Second, a question:  is the intent to "hash" the member folders
| (like the classic Unixism, '/home/t/ts/tseaver' bit) to deal more
| sanely with large numbers of them?  If so, then I think what you
| want is to have a *single* user folder[1] and override the standard
| 'getHomeFolder()' and 'getHomeUrl()' methods of the membership tool.
| E.g.:

The intent is to enable users to enter their home folder from a joint
login-screen.

Another example:

	/a/b/c/d/acl_users
	/a/b/c/d/globally-unique-username1
	/a/b/c/d/globally-unique-username2
	/a/b/c/e/acl_users
	/a/b/c/e/globally-unique-username3
	/f/u/i/acl_users
	/f/u/i/globally-unique-username3

Now, anyone who logs in to the system from the root will get redirected
to their respective workspaces (home folders).

This let's all the users, no matter their type, to log in from the
same place.. (am I making sense here?)

| [1] Have you successfully integrated the current LoginManager with
|     the PTK?  If so, could you write up the steps you took to make
|     it work?  Bill Anderson is particularly interested in such an
|     integration for his "Membership" product.

Copied the PortalMemberMixin class from the PersistentUserSource.py file in
the Membership product, and pasted it into UserSources.py in the LoginManager
product, letting the LoginUser class use it as a base class.

This may not be what you wondered about, if so, please elaborate.

Cheers,

Morten