[Zope-CMF] Re: Using CMF for a project-centric site?

Darin Arrick openspacemovement@yahoo.com
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 19:21:59 -0700 (PDT)

>> marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
>> CMF is user-centric; what I want is
>> project-centric. Could CMF be tweaked to turn
>> user IDs into project names? This has been
>> suggested to my by various Zope and CMF users, so
>> I thought I'd ask here. Is there another way to
>> go about this?
>
> You'd still want users, just like sourceforge,
> right?

Yes. But I thought I'd handle users with some other
product, being that the site isn't just this
projects part, but a Squishdot site, some discussion
forums, and some other stuff. Wouldn't I want to use
some sort of "generic user product"?

> So you want to keep the user-centricity, but add
> some project-centricity...

Um, see above. :-)

> there are some basic tools
> there to support this, workflow, permissions,
> CMFTracker, Blark, but you'll have some
> programming to do...

Well, I'm not against it. But, what sort of scale are
we talking? 2 days of work? 2 weeks of work?
2 months of work? At some point, it isn't worth it.
I know Zope can do these things, but I have NO IDEA
how to go about implementing it yet.

Thanks for the help. I'm still learning. Zope is
really great, but I unfortunately can't spend more
than a few hours a week messing with it. Hence my
hope for a "simple" solution.

I wish I could find a Zope expert who wants to donate
some time and effort to the cause of private space
exploration. <hint hint> If only those people would
e-mail me, I could get some one-on-one help... :-)

http://www.openspacemovement.org