[Zope-CMF] Using CMF for a project-centric site?

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:38:52 +0100

Darin,

(This is really a reply to your most recent mail, which I lost :S)

If you're not familiar with the CMF, you can expect a large project
such as a sourceforge-alike to take anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks of
work (depending on your Zope/python skills).  In fact, the CMF is
ideally suited to the kind of scenario you describe; however, if
you're new to it, it's not always clear how things work or how to do
things.

I hate to say it, but have you thought of trying sourceforge itself?

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/alexandria/

if you know how to set up apache / php / mysql (I know redhat
installs them out of the box), then setting up a sourceforge will take
you about 30 minutes.

Having said that, if you *do* have perhaps 4 weeks to spare, I'm sure
you'll find you get lots of help from the list.  You'll also enjoy
working with the CMF, and your project could be very useful to
others.  So if you think you've got the time, I'd urge you to go for
it.

I'm sorry I haven't got the time to help more right now - your project
is very cool.  Good luck :)

seb

* Darin Arrick <openspacemovement@yahoo.com> [010701 18:21]: